Monday, February 22, 2010

chasing smoke


It is strange to know that there is so much inside you, so much to say, but there is nothing important that comes out of you, no secrets of the universe or even whispers of greatness. I write meaningless giberish in hopes of making sense to someone, somewhere, or at least to myself.

I have an aunt, and she is magnificent. She blogs here, writes down her joys and sorrows, her everydays. She changes the world with her thoughts, and I can't even blow out my birthday candles right.

There is just so much beauty in the world, and all I want to do is show it to the people around me, the blind souls who linger in the greyness and reject the silver lining. I am sensing it may be a lost cause.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet. :0) Thanks for your kind words, Ash. I love you.

    I know it may feel like a lost cause - showing the "blind souls" the beauty in the world that you see. But as you continue to look for the broken beauty and share your experience of it with others, they will begin to see. They will even begin to look for it as diligently as you do. So, continue to seek it, if not only for youself. What you take in will eventually ooze out and others won't be able to deny it. Great job with the blog! You are inspiring me! ~ deAnn

    ReplyDelete