Tuesday, June 8, 2010

these boots are made for stomping


It just needs to happen. I just need to get up, make myself do the things that make me smile. The reasons for running away from myself yet again are not nearly as powerful or necessary than the reasons to rock it out.
I am a powerhouse of strength, of will. I am the woman on the tarot card, straddling the lion and making my way through the world. I am gypsy queen, I am warrior goddess. I am an artist and a poet and a healer and a harbinger of light. Where did the notion come from that I am weak, worthless? How did I think it was okay to let my life slip by, as if I have no say?
It is a new dawn, and I am the chariot. I will sing it from the rooftops, and I will rejoice in my own moments of life.
Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment