Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the only place


There is a place I have been that brings me close to God. Everyone I know calls it 'The Mountain' though as far as I am concerned, it barely counts. The mountains I have lived near my whole life are some of the largest, and grandest, and very little else compares. But 'The Mountain' it is, and I call it that as well.
There have been a few times in my life where I have thought to myself, I should go to The Mountain for a while. And sometimes I do. But there has never been a time where I felt I needed it. When I have been so out of touch that it seemed a real requirement of my life. But today, and at this moment, I need The Mountain.
When I am on The Mountain I feel whole. I feel all the bullshit fall away, and the true world exists. My heart opens up like the sky in the desert, and even the breeze feels like a whisper from God. I wake up there, and the birds sing, and the sun shines, and the clouds gather and part... and I have never felt so at peace or so a part of it all. I understand what it means for the mountain to come to Muhammad, because The Mountain comes to me, in my soul, whenever I am barefoot upon it.
I just wish The Mountain would come to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment