Friday, April 8, 2011

bathtub nonsense


Yesterday I did nothing but watch glee all day. It's true. I barely got out of bed. Until late at night when I was finished watching glee.
I got out of bed, lit some candles in the bathroom, and took a bath. I forget how good that is for my spirit. As I sat there in the tub, swishing water around in my hands and letting my toes get all pruney, I realized that my life was beautiful. It's not like I didn't already know that, but I believe there are moments in life when you are more awake, and more aware. "There is never nothing going on. There are no ordinary moments." That's why when I was washing my hair with organic shampoo and drinking cold water out of a mason jar, I was revelling in joy. I was like a pig in mud, smothinering myself with beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment