Wednesday, November 3, 2010

it feels like...


How does it feel to be loved? he asks.

I wanted to melt into his arms and fold into his chest and never breathe again. How does it feel? It feels like flying, or falling from a great height. It feels like surrender and peace and drowning; it feels like the sun is always shining and the grass is always green and the birds are always singing just for me.

I can't quite be grateful enough to God for him. I need to bow my head to the four directions every ten minutes, just to keep my heart from overspilling with love and thanks. There is not enough room in this ever-expanding universe for how much love there is in me: for him, for God, for the birds and the sun and the feeling of falling.

And here I go, back into reality, to dip my toes in the honey light of life. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment