Sunday, May 23, 2010

rose-colored glasses


It's amazing what someone can do with a videocamera. Record your whole life, all the little moments, put them to music and it somehow makes sense of things. I want to live a life like that, one where I can look back, put a soundtrack to it, and there it is: a plot. Something that makes sense.

Right now, I'm alone in my apartment, writing about nothing important. But someday I will look back on this, add some Bon Iver to the background, and voila. This will be a scene, from that time in my life when I was lonely. From the days when I didn't have Kurtis around me. The time in my life that used to be boring and dull... I can't wait to look back on tonight and remember feeling excited about the future.

It's easy to see myself, sitting alone on the couch, laptop on lap, white tank top with holes. Its easy to take a quick moment to adjust my perspective, to see that I have it all. I have freinds that kick ass. I have an apartment right on the railroad track, and a stone's throw from the beach. I am in love with an amazing man, who loves me back. I have a family that loves and supports me, in all my random ventures. I have everything I have ever asked for.

I thank god for the blessings in my life, and will happily wait an eternity for Kurtis if I have to. I didn't think I would be this lucky.

True Love.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment